Join Our Team
Thank you for your interest in pursuing employment with the Marion County Tax Collector’s Office.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and offer Veterans’ Preference upon initial hire in accordance with Florida Statute 295. Appropriate documentation must be submitted with the application to establish Veterans’ Preference eligibility.
Positions we hire for, when available:
- Full-time Deputy Tax Collector: 40 hours/week, Monday through Friday, Schedules will vary, between the hours of 7:55 A.M. - 5:00 P.M.
- Retirement (Florida Retirement System)
- Health, Dental, Vision
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Basic and Supplemental Life Insurance
- Long -term disability insurance
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Paid Leave (sick and vacation)
- $15.00 hr. starting pay
- 18 years of age or older
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Valid Florida Driver License in good standing
- Pass Background Check
- Aptitude for customer service, with a hospitable and can do demeanor.
- Ability to multitask with attention to detail, in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrates proficient data entry and typing skills, Internet knowledge.
- Experience with cash handling preferred.
- Bilingual skills a plus.
The Tax Collector’s Office is a Drug-free Workplace and is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free from the effects of drug and alcohol abuse, and providing an environment that encourages and supports a safe, healthy, and productive workforce.
We are always accepting applications. Application forms are available online or at any of our branch offices. Completed applications may be dropped off at any of our 8 locations or submitted online. Resumés will not be accepted if submitted in lieu of applications. Completed applications will remain active for one year.
Adobe Acrobat Reader is required to fill out the application. Download the latest version of Adobe Acrobat Reader below.