Application With Out-of-State Title

Many states do not require boats to be titled. Proof of ownership on a used boat from a non-title state is the vessel registration. A notarized bill of sale is required with the registration to transfer ownership. If a title is available, it and Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicle (HSMV) form 82040 (title application form) must be completed for processing. Also required is a pencil tracing, from the vessel, of the hull number to verify with the title and/or registration. Sales tax will be collected if applicable.