- Any individual who is under 16 years of age
- Florida residents 65 years of age or older who can show proof of age and residency; such as a valid Florida Drivers License or Voter Registration card. Florida Drivers License 'VALID IN FLORIDA ONLY' is not acceptable.
- Military personnel who are residents of Florida and are home on leave for a period of 30 days or less and have valid orders in their possession.
- Florida residents who are fishing in saltwater from land, a structure fixed to land, jettison or licensed fishing pier.
- Any individual fishing from a boat that has been issued a vessel saltwater fishing license.
- Individuals fishing in their home county with live or natural bait, using poles or hand lines that are not equipped with reel or other line retrieval mechanisms for noncommercial purposes. (NOTE: This does not apply in Fish Management Areas)
- Persons hunting in their county of residence on their homestead or the homestead of their spouse or minor child, or any minor child hunting on the homestead of their parent.